The reasons you are ALL being asked to complete the POWRA (Point of Work Risk Assessment) are:
- The document ensures that you have considered all aspects of the task and assessed all hazards and risks before starting.
- Should something go wrong you personally as a sole representative of SACE, an STL or Senior Technician can prove you have done so.
- By completing the form you have adhered to our fatigue management plan which requires travel time to be documented.
In addition we need you ALL to close your shift out with a completed ASR (After Shift Report) to:
- Report on any issues encountered and detail any lost time due to cancellation, delay or curtailment.
- Provide sufficient details to replan any work that remains.
- Identify any areas that may be improved and to provide feedback to our Client.
- Support our invoicing to the Client which in turn ensures you get maximum payment for the shift, complete or not.
So, moving forward; we would encourage you ALL to complete these two documents with the following in mind:
- The POWRA is a document to detail the SHIFT ONLY not the entire job; this needs filling in for EACH AND EVERY shift within the task.
- The form is NOT required when the shift is cancelled prior to or immediately after arrival. A simple email detailing cancellation will suffice.
- The ASR initially reports on the completion of the SHIFT however; it contains a couple of questions about the ENTIRE TASK.
- You must be logged in to you google account (email@example.com) to access the forms.
Please do your best to complete the forms, as Client and job numbers increase it will become ever more vital to gather this information not just for safety and planning but for commercial benefits also.
Summary Update (17/01/2021):
- POWRA forms need filling out on every shift by the sole representative or team leader from SACE. The forms should be completed PRIOR to commencing work and should be completed ON SITE. Multiple choices have been added to aid in completing this form on a mobile device.
- ASR forms need completing as soon as practicable after the shift has finished although do not have to be completed on site. The shift selection option in the ASR form may take up to 60 minutes to populate with the submitted POWRA reference.
- A POWRA or ASR form does NOT need completing if you have not attended site. Should the shift have been cancelled whilst you were or shortly before you were in transit then an email to Oyku (Planner) will suffice.
- Please do NOT send emails following up on your ASR submissions unless it is to send supporting photos, there is enough room on the forms to enter in as much information as you need to, this keeps all of the information in one place.
- POWRA forms will be sent to you and also filed.
- ASR forms will be sent to you, filed and sent to Oyku (Planner).
- You may receive a previous shifts ASR from Oyku if you are attending a followup shift on a structure previously partially examined.
- Should you need to send your forms to anyone else; please simply forward the email you receive containing your completed PDF document remembering not to send it to the Client unless explicitly directed to.
Using the links below will speed up the process up for you as it provides pre-filled options and responses for most questions: